- Mexico - Lagos de Moreno, Jalisco
- Iniciar planejador de rotas
- Descrição do trabalho
Compartilhe este trabalho|
Materials Leader (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2.500 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG Lagos de Moreno S.A. de C.V. was incorporated in Mexico in October 2021 and belongs to the group of AKG sites of North America. Start of production will be in spring 2022. Main areas will be cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets for AKG´s customers in North American countries.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The materials leader supervises the materials / logistics department and the shipping department. He is responsible for material planning, procurement and the inventory and warehousing functions to meet organizational goals of cost savings, inventory control, planning, and material flow by coordinating and executing plans and actions to meet production and customer schedule requirements.
- Lead and manage all procurement and materials management activities including materials planning, production planning, supplier evaluation and certification, order placement, supplier follow-up, and compliance with regulations.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and logistics procurement
- Monitor vendor performance, negotiate best terms for materials and services and take appropriate action to verify vendor quality
- Place orders for material in a timely manner. Identify alternatives when schedule changes or delays are identified
- Oversee inventory control to ensure efficient practices and procedures are in place
- Provide direction and training to Purchasing and Warehouse employees to continuously improve performance of their assigned tasks or responsibilities
- Develop and execute a purchasing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and materials requirements including monitoring supplier scorecard performance
- Manage company’s freight and logistics for outgoing shipments
- Key participant in managing ERP implementation
- Several years of experience in a Materials/Logistic role and prior experience in a supervisor position is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or similar
- Extensive experience in SAP
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment, which requires cooperating with others, offering help when needed, and maintaining positive work relationships
- Experience in purchasing, inventory management, production planning / level scheduling
- Detail oriented and ability to research and verify required specifications
- Knowledge of managing local or distributed inventories of raw materials, WIP, and finished goods
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, including welding, fabricating, and electrical integration
- As available