- USA - Mitchell, S.D. 57301
- Iniciar planejador de rotas
- Descrição do trabalho
Compartilhe este trabalho|
Material Planner (d/f/m)
Tradition und Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 3.150 employees at 14 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with one production site in Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in this factory.
The Material Planner is primarily responsible for planning and executing company operational strategy for materials planning, availability of materials, and inventory control in support of production schedules and company goals. In addition the incumbent monitors requirements of PPAP, Warehousing and coordinates with the Supply Chain Team communication of these issues with management and at times with customers. This position works with little day to day supervision.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day purchase order management (create, change, cancel purchase orders)
- Ensure material availability, accessibility and readiness
- Monitor inventory levels against inventory strategy
- Understand and manage risks to ensure supply security
- Review orders for adherence to global company policies
- Take immediate actions to fix material shortages that affect production
- Identify demand changes and take action to support production schedule and/or meet inventory targets
- Exchange purchasing, production and inventory data with AKG facilities in the Americas
- Recommend and implement order strategies that meet production needs while meeting pricing and inventory goals
- Manages order quantities, safety stocks, Kanban, blanket orders, and any other tools and techniques appropriate
- Use the Supplier Scorecard to drive improvement with current suppliers
- Represent the purchasing team in meetings, conferences and/or summits
- Computer skills are required. Microsoft Suite is essential. Experience with SAP system is a plus.
- The ability to read, speak and explain needs and technical data in English. (German, Spanish, Turkish or Portuguese is a plus)
- Several years of manufacturing and/or supply chain experience; undergraduate degree is a plus
- Deep knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices
- Good communicator with ability to maintain internal and external relationships
- Deep skills in organizing and analyzing data to present conclusions and action plans
- Attention to detail and skill in recording information accurately
- Ability to read engineered drawings and to understand industry standards where applicable
- As available